Consents, land sales and public works

Published: 15 May 2016

Resource Management Act (RMA) consents

If you are the private owner of a property next to one of our houses, and have requested a change that requires RMA consent, we will need to know:

  • your name, address and contact details

  • the address of the property in question

  • the address of the Housing New Zealand property

  • the affected party form from your Territorial Local Authority

  • copies of the resource consent application

  • a copy of site and/or building plans

  • any other information you think we might need to know

  • When you have collated this information, please email or post it to:

    Property Management Team 
    Housing New Zealand 
    National Office 
    PO Box 2628 
    Wellington 6140


Partial land sales

If you want to purchase a portion of land owned by us, please email us with your name, address and contact details at

We will ask you for the following details, in order to consider your request:

  • a plan showing the subdivision/scheme plan, or line with width of easement

  • the area involved (sq. m.)

  • the zoning of the land

  • the proposed use of the land to be purchased

  • any other relevant features (e.g. contour)

We will consider all requests on a case-by-case basis. 


Public Works Act

Contact us for any matters relating to the Public Works Act.


Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now