When you moved into your house, you paid some money as a
bond. This bond will be refunded to you if you leave the property clean, tidy and in good condition and your payments are up to date.
Before you move out
- clean the sink, kitchen bench and oven
- clean cupboards inside and out
- clean the bathtub, shower, basin and toilet
- clean light shades and light switches
- wash the walls and ceiling, particularly in the kitchen
- wash windows inside and out
- replace any cracked or broken windows
- wash the floor
- remove all household and garden rubbish as well as personal belongings, including from under the house or in sheds, garages or attic
- tidy and weed the garden, trim hedges
- mow the lawns and sweep paths
- redirect your mail.
Don't forget to:
- arrange for your electricity, gas and phone to be disconnected
- arrange for your final power and phone accounts to go to your new address
- tell your friends and family your new address and phone number
- fill out a change of address form from your local Post Shop
- lock the house or flat when you leave and return your keys to us
- pay your rent up to the date that you leave - call us if you're not sure what you owe
- arrange to have your bond refunded.
If your house is not left clean and tidy, you may be charged some or all of the cost of bringing it up to rentable standard, and you may lose your bond.