Working together to take a fresh approach to supportive inner city living.
Housing New Zealand will work closely with current residents, government agencies, partners, support services and neighbours over the coming months to design a well-supported, well-connected, thriving urban village we can all be proud of.
There will be ongoing communication with tenants, neighbours and stakeholders throughout the life of the development.
- Workshops and conversations with tenants, neighbours, partners and service providers, as well as an international review of best practice for inner city state housing (February to May 2018)
- Plans presented to Housing New Zealand Board May 2018
- Estimated resource consent lodgement June 2018
- Estimated building construction start 2019
- Estimated new building in service 2021.
The building at 139 Greys Ave is nearing the end of its life, no longer fit for purpose and it doesn’t fit the needs of our tenants. The site is ideally located for its connection to support services in Auckland’s city centre.
Located on a 3,918 sqm site in upper Greys Avenue, near Aotea Square in Auckland’s city centre. The nine-storey, 87 unit building was built in 1957. It is one of two Housing New Zealand properties in the street. The lower building does not form part of this development. The current typology is made up of:
- 75 two-bedroom maisonette units
- 11 ground floor studio/bedsit units
- 1 one-bedroom unit.
General public enquiries
If you have any questions or feedback on the development, and to register for updates, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any media questions, contact email@example.com. Advise us of the deadline you are working to when making your enquiry and we will do our best to facilitate your request.